Sunday, September 14, 2008

I feel the earth move...

We will be moving into our new house staring tomorrow, but the move is expected to take 48 hours. We have been living in a cardboard boxes jungle for the past 3 days. The amount of stuff and junk a family of 5 accumulates in 12 years is just unbelievable. I think we kept collecting things and not throwing old stuff until we filled the house. And as our new house is 25% small than the old one, we have to get rid of a lot of things we are very attached to. Luckily, I have my little house in Sinay (my village in the south) where I can keep my: mountain bikes, rock climbing gear, windsurfers, free diving equipment, skis and snow boards. A full truck load. My cousin came to pick it up today as I'm too busy packing to leave the house. He had a look at the mountain of air brushed steel and chrome gear, asked a bit about prices and then said: "now I understand why you were never able to save enough to buy a house. You spent it all on toys."

I will not have internet access in the new house, until OGERO, the phone company connects us again. I'm not sure when. But they said they will cut our old line tomorrow. I'm not sure when I'll be able to blog again.

1 comment:

Anastácio Soberbo said...

Hello, I like this blog.
Sorry not write more, but my English is not good.
A hug from Portugal