Thursday, October 15, 2009

Leila

My friend Leila Abu Saba passed away in Oakland California. We met through blogging but we became friends and she visited us at our home in Hamra and I visited her in her uncle's house in Mieh w Mieh, above Saida. She was a great person and I will miss her. Here's what Amira al Husseini wrote on Global Voices Online

Lebanese-American blogger Leila Abu-Saba has died after a long battle with cancer. Bloggers who have interacted with her over the years recall her merits and endless quest for peace.

Writing as Bedounia at Dove's Eye View, Leila started blogging in January 2004. In that month she wrote:

http://globalvoicesonline.org/2009/10/13/arab-american-blogger-leila-abu-saba-mourned/

2 comments:

anzia said...

that truly sucks. the blogosphere needed her.

Anonymous said...

My Goodness!
I never had a clue.
She added tremendously to my enjoyment of this site...apparently, right up to the very end.
I will greatly miss her contributions.
Terry