Thursday, September 22, 2011

My new post on Al Akhbar blog: We Need To Shore Up Protest Power


In my last post, I argued that the Lebanese Resistance and the Arab Uprising exist in a historical continuum. They both came in response to violent oppression and they both adopt revolutionary practices to reach the goal of liberation. I argue here that both the Lebanese Resistance and the Arab Uprisings have only gone part of the way towards changing the rules of the game and that they are not fully addressing oppression and exploitation and class justice. I also maintain that those who participate in the Arab Uprisings and those who align with the Resistance must put their beliefs in practice and take over some state responsibilities and use them in order to bring about class justice and to work towards taking over state power.

No comments: