Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring break


I have been in South Lebanon since Friday and I came to the Bekaa a few hours ago. Spring this year is fabulous and my aunt told me that there are plants that are blooming she had not seen for many years. I took long walks with Bella who is the nicest red setter in the world. I was lucky to witness the change of seasons. When I arrived on Friday, there was still a bit of winter in the air. When I left today, summer was here...




To go to the North Bekaa I took the road from Sinay to Nabatiyyeh, then to Jubay`, then to Jezzine, then Kfarhouneh where I vivited the Monastery of Mzayr`a where I used to spend my summers as a child and where I left half my front tooth. It is one of the most beautiful spots in Lebanon.




From there I went to Mashghara which overlooks the Qaraoun dam in the West Bekaa, then to Chtaura, Zahleh, and then to the AUB farm. Right before Chtaura I received a phone call informing me that the road between Zahleh and Rayak was closed following an attack on the Lebanese army by gang members. The attack left 5 dead from the army. Things are a bit tense in the bekaa tonight, and there were gazelle helicopters flying around this evening. I also encountered several army trucks carrying troups going North.

2 comments:

j said...

Extra thanks for this post and the pics.

Garage Sales For Gaza said...

Beautiful photos, thanks.