Thursday, February 14, 2008

It's been raining all day. I've worked all day. There has been two mega demonstrations in town, one mourning Hariri and the other mourning Mughniyya, the Hizbullah guy who was car bombed in Damascus 2 days ago. There was at least one street battle in Beirut, under the house of my son's friend, near Sodeco. Their car got smashed and riddled with bullets and they had to hide for hours in the corridor, away from the windows.

So no blogging about food for today. I've lost my appetite.

2 comments:

Ms Levantine said...

Well you have to let the people honor their Martyrs.

Their glorious accomplishments and our fanatical support is what makes Lebanon such a great country.

MM.

Leila Abu-Saba said...

I am so very sorry. My thoughts are with you and all of my friends and loved ones in Lebanon.