"We, the signatories, call for the following:
* The Irish Government to cease its purchase of Israeli military products and services and call
publicly for an arms embargo against Israel.
* The Irish Government to demand publicly that Israel reverse its settlement construction, illegal occupation and annexation of land in accordance with UN Security Council resolutions and to use its influence in international fora to bring this about.
* The Irish Government to demand publicly that the Euro-Med Agreement under which Israel has privileged access to the EU market be suspended until Israel complies with International Law.
* The Irish Government to veto any proposed upgrade in EU relations with Israel.
* The Irish people to boycott all Israeli goods and services until Israel abides by International Law."
Attached the full-page statement - "Irish Call for Justice for Palestine" - which appeared in today's Irish Times (31st January) as p.5, replete with ca. 300 signatures. The demands include a call for a boycott of Israeli goods and services. The signatories include 5 MEPs (from Proinsias de Rossa to Marian Harkin), many TDs and Senators (FF, SF, Green, Independent and Labour), some MLAs, Gerry Adams and Tony Benn, the presidents or general secretaries of the major trade unions (ICTU, Siptu, Impact, Nipsa, Unite, Mandate and others) , professors, well known musicians and cultural figures, and loads of citizens.