Saturday, November 10, 2007

It's the olive oil season in Palestine too

"Palestinian farmer, Ali Tobasi, from the town of Tubas in the northern West Bank explained with sadness: “They cut a part of my history and they disturbed my dignity when they forced me to leave my field. They pointed their gun in my face. It is one of the saddest times that I faced in my life. Some of the trees that I lost were planted by my grandfather, some by my father and the rest by me, as a story that now is finished. We used to teach our children these words, to be fixed in their minds for the rest of their lives: ‘They planted for us to eat and we must plant for the coming generation too.’ It is a life task to plant and take care of the olive trees, they are holy trees. They give oil and he who has olive oil in his home will not be hungry.”" (Thanks Kirsten)

This is Zionism.

No comments: